It can be difficult to build awareness of your business, interact with your customers and network on social media if there is no one listening to what you have to say. Social media is all about community and if you don’t have followers, then your words are disappearing into thin air. But it’s not just about how many likes you get for your Facebook page, it’s about the quality of likes. Attracting Facebook likes from a group targeted to suit your business goals will help as their comments and endorsements will increase your shares on Facebook.
Here are our tips to get targeted likes to your Facebook business page:
1. Complete your business page profile – remember that your Facebook page is an extension of your website. It needs to be set-up correctly and branded in-line with your website to ensure consistency. Ensure that all contact details have been provided including phone, address and email contacts.
2. Invite existing clients, friends & employees to like you on Facebook – this is a great way to increase likes on your page. Invite existing clients by encouraging them over the phone, during meetings or a simple “like us” link on your email signature.
3. Find out what interests your target market – the key to getting likes on your page is making sure your content is relevant. Do some research. What do your clients like to see on Facebook, what are they responding most too? What sort of posts are getting more views or shares?
4. Use Facebook ads to expand your reach – Facebook ads are a great way to increase your likes. Target your community interests so you can find people similar to your current fans. Try different types of ads to see what works best for you and make sure you choose an option where Facebook users can like your page direct from the ad.
5. Run a contest – Running a contest on your page is definitely a great way to increase exposure to your page. Offer a prize giveaway or discounted pricing for those that like your page.
Continue reading next week for part 2 of “10 ways to get more “likes” on your facebook page”.